Warm Molten Lava Cake served with Haagen Dazs Macademia Nut ice cream
Eversince i took up baking, i have always been wanting to give a shot at this. Invited my friends over to my kitchen for this sweet project ~ warm, oozing lava chocolate cake served with ice cream!
Here's the recipe adapted from aplacewecancallourown & noobcook
(makes three 6-oz ramekin cakes)A.
100g baking chocolate (purchased from phoon huat)
100g unsalted butter (cubed at room temperature)
Melt these 2 items together using a bain marie or in microwave oven)
50g caster sugar
Beat these together till the mixture turns pale and frothy using an electric whisk.
20g self raising flour
1. Preheat oven to about 180 deg C. Butter the ramekins
2. Pour melted chocolate / butter (A) into the egg mixture (B). Using a spatula, stir to mix well. Then stir in flour (C). Stir till well-mixed.
3. Pour mixture into ramekins and bake for 10 minutes, till the outside's done and the inside is still runny.
4. Remove ramekin from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes before using a spoon to gently loosen the edges. Carefully invert the cake onto serving plate.
5. Serve with dusted icing sugar over the cake/ vanilla ice cream and some berries (optional)
You may use a muffin cup as an alternative to ramekins but bear in mind to butter them well so that the cake can comes off easily when done.
If you are using muffin cups, reduce the bake time to about 8 minutes or even lesser. But if you over bake, you will just get a super moist chocolate cake which is equally yummy as well.