I decided to make some alteration to the traditional japanese curry by adding in clams.
- 100g of Japanese curry cubes (I use S&B - Golden Curry, 4 cubes which is half box, as shown in the photo above)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut to medium chunks
- 2 potato, peeled and cut to medium chunks
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 200 to 300g boneless chicken fillet, cut to large chunks
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 can of razor clams (i use new moon brand, alternatively, you may add pacific clams instead.)
- 700ml water (you may mix with 100ml of broth that comes together with the clam)
1. Heat pot with oil.
2. Place chicken chunks and fry in the wok till it becomes slightly brown.
3. Add in potato, onion and carrot chunks, mix everything evenly.
4. Add water and bring to boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes (with lid partially closed or till potatoes are cooked.)
5. On low heat, add the Japanese curry cubes and stir through till dissolved. As both the curry mix and the potatoes are starchy, you probably need to add more water at this point in time to achieve the texture desired.
6. Serve with rice.