(Make 10 cupcakes - 6.5cm diameter)
125g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp red coloring
58g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre heat oven to 170C
2. Measure milk and vanilla essence into one bowl
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder baking soda, salt together in another bowl. Shift the dry ingredients together.
4. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
5. On low speed, add egg and make sure the mixture is well combined
6. Add in red coloring and mix well.
7. Add shifted flour slowly at low speed, alternating with milk mixture.(1/3 flour, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour)
8. Fill each cupcake till 2/3 full
9. Bake at 170C for 17-20mins.
10. Toothpick check. Insert toothpick into the centre of each cupcake and make sure it comes out clean.
11. Cool cupcakes in pans for 5 to 10 minutes then remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.